Thursday 16 October 2008

The tiredness in Tokyo turned out to be food poisoning or suchlike. With a weather eye out at all times for "facilities" I caught an earlier flight down to Hong Kong on Saturday. By mid afternoon I knew I was ill and with the kind help of Adrian, his wife Christine who was a nurse and the hotel, I hunkered down to let it pass. By Tuesday morning I could cope with the dry toast and water and managed the one vital meeting of the HK end of the trip. Then I lay low until mid evening in my room, went out to the airport and flew home. BA flat beds upstairs and quiet on a 747, I love you. We're now Friday early morning and the head-, muscle and other aches are much less.

On my return I found David's excellent pedal rubber, the grille mesh, wiper arms and gear knob waiting, all exactly as ordered. Neville has organised the tyres for today and seems to have got a great price and I'll go over on Saturday and Sunday and get some work done.

No comments: