Friday 21 November 2008

After nearly three weeks away on business I returned today to try to finish the few jobs remaining. Neville had refilled the hydraulics and bled brake and clutch as well as fitting the mirror and new high intensity rear light. I found some spare rubber tubing and cut a length then sliced it longitudinally to form a grommet for the bulkhead wiring, tidied up the wiring under the dash per the fail sheet, padded the wiper motor and covered the ECU. Doing this I found a puddle on the drivers footwell and found that the plate I had made to cover the unused heater cut out on the bulkhead had leaked when the header tank overflowed. It can wait until after the retest and I'll remove the header tank to get a Sikaflex nozzle into the space. All that remains (we think) from the fail sheet is the knee roll padding for the base of the dash and two things we want fixed - a missing nut on the roll bar and bending the copper plates on the Nylocs at the top of the front uprights. Nev's going to try to do part of it next week between working on the Ultima and I'll go back next Saturday or Sunday for I-dotting and T-crossing and tidy up. Perhaps re-test on 1st or 2nd of December?

No comments: