Friday 21 November 2008

Saturday 1st November

Neville and I worked all day to deal with the faults found at SVA. There were actually a lot more items than I had thought. Some were easily dealt with, some less so and I was very grateful for the fully equipped workshop and hoist. Things like the rear wiring grommets, the brake pipes and so on would have been very difficult without the hoist or Neville' welding skills. We must have spent 8 solid hours on it all and I went back on Sunday to try to deal with the rear lights. Nev had found a number plate light which I fitted and an interior mirror about which I was rather cautious (he fitted it later). I made a bodge of the high intensity rear light and Nev had to get a new one - less agreeable to look at but when mounted on a plate will do for the re-test. Overall it was a lot of work, much of which makes sense, but was not obvious ahead of the test.

No comments: